A bone chilling incident, in the literal sense, has been reported from Bhopal in Madhya Pradesh. After a quarrel with her husband, a woman threw her three children and the man out of the house on a freezing winter night.
- A couple had a dispute on Saturday
- The woman was so furious that she threw her husband and three children; aged 15-year-old daughter, 13-year-old son and 11-year-old daughter out of their home
- The husband then reached Ashoka Garden police station at 11pm seeking help from the police to arrange a safe place for him and his children
- He also requested for a proper arrangement for the girls, while he was willing to accommodate with the son anywhere
- Later, the girls were shifted to a shelter home at 1am and the father and son moved to a night shelter
According to city Childline director, Archana Sahaye, they tried to call the woman to help the couple reconcile, but the woman was not ready to listen. Sahaye said that she then coordinated with the police to arrange shelter for the two girls. Archana quoted,
It was freezing and all efforts by husband and police to make the wife take them back proved futile. When the woman did not budge and opened the door, the man and his son were forced to take shelter at a government Rain Basera. The daughters were shifted to shelter home through the city Childline.
Adding further the Childline director said:
We sent the girls to shelter home after all efforts by us and police to persuade the woman to take the children back to home proved useless. The girls will remain at the shelter till the time the couple resolve their differences.
According to Ashoka Garden Station House Officer (SHO), Umesh Yadav,
We have called the woman to the police station to discuss the issue. We did not file an FIR since it is a personal issue between the couple. Since there was no FIR in the case, we have tried to counsel the couple to sort out differences.
ALSO READ –
Police said the two girls are living safely at the shelter. While the boy is with his father. SHO Yadav also said they will record the statement of the girls in the case if the need arises. He said police are trying to persuade the couple to resolve differences for the sake of their children.
- While it is a good gesture on part of the police to bring an amicable solution, especially for the future of the kids, do they adopt similar methods if the genders are reversed?
- Why is a woman who commits a particular action handled with utmost caution, and a man is jailed for similar behaviour immediately?
- Such stories don’t really make it to english media, except for a few
- However, if the same headline was about the husband/father throwing out a wife with three kids on a winter night, all would have called him a monster
- It is not about Man Vs Woman, but if this case is looked by police purely as a ‘family matter’, they should also deal with all other ‘personal’ complaints in the same way, instead of registering instant FIRs against the man and his family on the word of the woman
ALSO READ –