A video from the US has gone viral since past 2-days, where a woman disrupted passengers on a plane when she struck a man on his head with a laptop.
As seen in the footage, the couple got into an altercation on an American Airline flight from Miami to Los Angeles when the woman allegedly caught her boyfriend admiring another woman.
However, shortly after a heated exchange of words and intervention of the cabin crew, the man gets up and walks away from his seat. His partner follows him and can be seen smashing him on the head with what appears to be a laptop.
The flight attendants try to diffuse the situation when the female flyer started howling at the man next to her and says that,
I wear the f***ing nuts, n****r.
She continues telling him,
You want to try to f***ing look at other women, n****r? Nah, f*** you!
When one of the stewardesses asks her to refrain from swearing as there is a child on the plane she retorts,
Yeah, I know, I f***ing consulted the f***ing child.
She also goes onto say,
Look, I’m not gonna say nothing if you don’t say nothing and try to cause a commotion, cause he’s the f***ing problem.
You’re assaulting me man….. to which she replies, Oh, I’m assaulting you?
As he moves down the aisle she leaps to her feet and cracks him on the back of the head with a laptop, causing passengers to scream in terror and then starts pounding him with her fists.
When she has been asked to get off the plane, she doubles back to get her purse at which point the pilot informs her that she is going to be charged with assault. Apparently unruffled by this revelation she replies,
Miami-Dade Police Department identified the woman as Mrs McLemore and said that the lady walked away after deboarding the plane, and a search for her “yielded negative results.” This was the update as late as July 23 evening.
What Do We Learn From This Incident?
- Is physical assault and verbal abuse permitted just because you are a woman?
- Many would have seen this video and laughed out loud
- However, what would have been the reactions in a similar situation if the genders were reversed?
- We are not questioning the reason behind this incident, as nothing can be justified when you choose to take the law in your own hand
- Another thing which did not go unnoticed, was the lady’s reaction when she was asked to be cautious of children around
- Lastly, how could you miss her brazenness when she gives two hoots about being told of the charges that were going to be levied on her
- We are also not sure, if the same situation would have taken place in India, whether the woman in question would have been charged with assault or any other charges!
- Fortunately for the man, he chose to remain calm here. If he would have even raised his voice, then we can well imagine the extent of character assassination he would have faced
This story was also covered by another portal in India that blogs exclusively about Men. This is how well-known activist Deepika Bhardwaj mocked the portal’s author for justifying the woman’s side, despite being in the wrong.
ALSO READ –