We are surely living in times where the bond of marriage has absolutely no meaning left. Spouses are not willing to adjust or look at a long term future together; instead they are opting for instant solutions to achieve small pleasures.
In a bizarre incident reported from Bhopal (Madhya Pradesh), a woman has moved the local family court seeking divorce on the grounds that her husband is preparing for UPSC examination and has no time for her.
- The family resides in Katara Hills area of the city
- The woman has alleged that her husband spends his entire day preparing for the coveted exam and doesn’t seem to care about her
- This case came to light during a family counselling session at the District Legal Service Authority in Bhopal
- According to her counsellor, the woman has alleged that her husband remains so lost in his studies that there are days when he doesn’t speak to her at all
- The wife told the counsellor that on some occasions she insisted him to go out with her for movies and shopping but her husband remains disinterested
- She said he doesn’t even visit his relatives and remains dedicated only to his preparation to crack UPSC examination
- She reportedly told her counsellor that these factors made her approach the family court and seek divorce from her husband
- After hearing her, the counsellor called her husband for counselling
- He told her that he does not have any complaint against his wife
- He said cracking UPSC exam is his childhood dream and that is the reason he has to dedicate maximum time and attention to his preparations
- He reportedly also told the counsellor that he feels his marital life is unstable and he does not want it to get more complicated
After hearing both sides, the counsellor has asked them to take some time, reconsider their decision and see if things can be worked out. She advised them to try and understand each other better.
- Wife is unwilling to make few adjustments for a limited period of time
- She is also not willing to support her husband fulfil his dream, the fruits of which will be enjoyed by both as a couple
- Can a man ever do a reverse and ask for divorce, if his wife wants to work towards her goals?
- In such a scenario he will be called patriarchal and regressive
- If the divorce actually comes through, legally the wife will also be entitled to alimony
ALSO READ –