A 1971 war veteran was allegedly robbed off Rs 40,000 cash by two women inside an ATM kiosk in South Delhi’s Hauz Khas. The incident is said to have occurred on Thursday.
- According to a senior police official, on Thursday, around 1.45 pm, when 76-year-old Captain (retired) NK Mahajan was at an ATM kiosk in Kaushalaya Park, he was targeted by two women
- Both the women entered the ATM forcefully and robbed him
- In the CCTV footage, Mahajan can be seen entering the ATM kiosk while the two women follow him and enter the kiosk despite being asked to stay out
- While he tries to withdraw money, the two women still wait inside
- As per CCTV footage, there was no guard at the kiosk inside the ATM
- While one of them initiates conversation, the other woman manages to steal the money from his pocket and leave the spot
Mahajan shared his observation how he got conned by the women. He said,
I had withdrawn Rs 40,000 from the bank using a cheque. I wanted to withdraw another Rs 10,000 from the ATM. However, when I entered the kiosk, I realised that the machine was non-functional. The women followed me into the kiosk despite me asking them to wait outside.
I didn’t ask them again as there was no one else there and I feared they might level baseless allegations against me if I got into an argument with them.
According to the police official,
A case has been registered. We have identified the suspects and they will be arrested soon. In his statement, Mahajan stated he was followed by two women when he entered the ATM.
This case is important for Men from two angles:
- Every common man today fears the threat of a false baseless allegation levelled on them by women
- Despite several women being caught for committing most heinous crimes, our society and system still prefers to have Gender Biased Laws in the garb of women empowerment
ALSO READ –