A cop, who was a part of UP Minister Suresh Rana’s security team, was found shot dead in Mawana area of Meerut on Tuesday.
The bullet-riddled body of Constable Ashish was found on the roadside. Senior police officials rushed to the spot with a forensic team and the body was sent for post-mortem.
- Ashish, 28, was posted in Shamli and was a part of the security team of the minister
- According to reports, Ashish had a dispute with his wife and was supposed to hold talks with his in-laws regarding divorce on Tuesday
- His family said that he probably committed suicide due to depression
- However, no weapon was found near his body which raises suspicion on the suicide theory
- SP, Rural, Avinash Pandey said that the police was working simultaneously on several theories and the post-mortem report would give direction to the investigations
ALSO READ –
According to the police records, at least 19 cops, ranging from inspector to the constable, have committed suicide last year in the state, bringing the spotlight on the pressure and stress that they go through while performing their duty.
In August 2019, Uttar Pradesh Police has chalked out a plan to check the disturbing trend of police personnel committing suicide. Soon its personnel will undergo counselling sessions by professional psychologists at the zonal level to help them overcome depression and anxiety.
ALSO READ –
Director General of Police (DGP) OP Singh said,
The rising number of suicide in the department is a matter of concern and hence efforts are being made to curb them.
A meeting was recently held in this connection with experts from the psychology department of Lucknow University. UP Police will be engaging renowned universities to offer remedial measures and give counselling to the policemen.
ALSO READ –
Join our Facebook Group or follow us on social media by clicking on the icons below
Blogging about Equal Rights for Men or writing about Gender Biased Laws is often looked upon as controversial, as many 'perceive' it Anti-Women. Due to this grey area - where we demand Equality in the true sense for all genders - most brands distance themselves from advertising on a portal like ours.
We, therefore, look forward to your support as donors who understand our work and are willing to partner in this endeavour to spread this cause. Do support our work to counter one sided gender biased narratives in the media.
To make an instant donation, click on the "Donate Now" button above. For information regarding donation via Bank Transfer, click here.