The shock of Sushant Singh Rajput being no more is heartbreaking to the entire ‘Maya Nagari’, the entertainment industry as well as to the actor’s fans. While the police are investigating the case, there lie shocking allegations that were made on the actor in the past.
Many of Bollywood personalities are being questioned by the police, and such as prominent filmmakers such as Sanjay Leela Bhansali and many more, who could be seen coming to the police station for police interrogation. Sushant’s last co-star of the to be released Dil Bechara film, Sanjana Sanghi has now denied any allegations of #MeToo against Sushant after the actor passed away last month in Mumbai.
Sanjana was called for questioning on July 1 by the Mumbai Police. As reported by the media, Sanjana also opened up about the #MeToo allegations against Sushant. These allegations had spread vividly in the industry during the shoot of the film back in 2018. Sushant’s co-star was taken in for questioning for about 9-hours. Reportedly, she revealed that she auditioned for the role of Kizie in Dil Bechara after which the debutant director Mukesh Chhabra signed her in 2018.
Sanghi also said that she found out much later about Sushant, being the lead male actor in the movie, playing opposite her as Manny. She also said that she met him for the first time on the sets of Dil Bechara.
ALSO READ –
2018 was the year of the #MeToo movement, wherein many Men from the entertainment industry were accused. As per a report by Republic World, Sanjana Sanghi had accused Sushant of being over-friendly with her. However, she reportedly denied all these allegations in her statement during the questioning session with the police.
As claimed by Sanjana, she was in the US at the time when the allegations were made. She told that she headed to the US with her mother when one part of the film was done shooting and there was still time for another part to be shot. She further added that she was clueless when it came to the allegations made against her co-star.
She also told that she informed people by posting on her social media after her return from the US, to clarify the baseless claims. The actress Sanjana Sanghi further said that she visited both Sushant and director Mukesh Chhabra after the incident. She revealed that Sushant was very bothered and visibly upset by the allegations made against him. She also revealed that Sushant told her that someone was trying to slur his image in public through the #MeToo campaign.
ALSO READ –
Later, he shared the screenshots of his conversations with Sanjana publicly back then. And he wrote,
The last thing worth doing is to defend yourself of the fiction created by an agenda. People using this much required campaign for their personal agenda is too much to ignore. So here is the text conversation with Sanjana till the time I shot for the film. I let you decide.
He further continued by mentioning,
Sharing personal information makes me sad, however, now there is no option left. I feel sad to reveal personal information but it seems that there is no other way to state what actually happened, in the midst of this curated, well-timed and agenda driver smear campaign. From the first day of the shoot till the last day, this is what happened on the sets with Sanjana. Misconduct? Not at all. Agenda? You decide
As per Sanjana, she was fine with Sushant sharing her those screenshots publicly. She now claims that since allegations made against him were without any doubt incorrect and hence, he had to prove his side. She further added that Sushant was certain that somebody had an entire plan ready to defame him and his reputation, however, he never mentioned a name.
ALSO READ –
#Section375 Is Not Inspired By #MeToo, But A 10-Year-Old High Profile Alleged Rape Case Of Shiney Ahuja
Director Mukesh Chhabra also defended Sushant back then as he wrote,
I totally stand by @itsSSR – no such incident happened on the sets and lets not have a Twitter trial and make an innocent person suffer for somebody else’s ulterior motives I had clarified this on twitter long back and I still maintain it.
The actress also told that Sushant was a very reserved and private person, and never liked sharing anything about his personal life with her. Also, in one of the screenshots, Sanjana could be seen saying –
Performing with you today was a treat. Those words will always stick with you, thank you so much.
Sanjana reportedly had no clue about the actor’s suffering from depression and upcoming projects. As per the actress, Sushant acted all normal on the sets and used to share stories from his life back in his hometown, Patna. She also revealed that most of their conversations were around movies only.
Police has recorded the statements of nearly 28 persons close to the actor so far. They are still investigating the case in detail.
ALSO READ –