Delhi CM and Aam Aadmi Party (AAP) Chief announced monthly allowance for all women in the state, if they came to power in Punjab. Speaking at a public function in Moga, Kejriwal said,
If we form govt in Punjab in 2022, then we will give every woman of the state, who is above 18 years of age, Rs 1000 per month. If a family has 3 female members then each will get Rs 1000. This’ll be the world’s biggest women empowerment program.
The announcement by Arvind Kejriwal came on the first day of his two-day visit to poll-bound Punjab. In the previous Assembly polls, the AAP had emerged as the principal Opposition party in the state. Adding further, Kejriwal quoted,
I guarantee it. I have made this decision very thoughtfully and with full calculation, because what I say I do. The Government of Delhi and the people of Delhi are witnesses to this.
With the AAP trying to expand its footprint in Punjab and Goa, Arvind Kejriwal has already promised up to 300 units of free electricity for each household in Punjab if voted to power in the state.
Terming Chief Minister Charanjit Singh Channi a ‘fake Kejriwal’, Kejriwal said,
A very important thing is that a ‘Nakli Kejriwal’ is roaming in Punjab these days. The promises that I [real Kejriwal] had been making to the people of Punjab, two days later the ‘Nakli Kejriwal’ repeats the same thing. But let me tell you that this ‘Nakli Kejriwal’ only makes announcements, but does nothing in reality.
Therefore, the people of Punjab should beware of this ‘Nakli Kejriwal’ [Mr. Channi). Only the real Kejriwal will do the job.
- Politics has nothing to do with Feminism and Women Empowerment – The sooner common men and women realise this open secret, they will be independent and empowered in their true right
- Politicians have sensed the pulse of voters and where all other cards are failing, women (victim) card is striking best with all parties – irrespective of their ideologies
- The term empowerment has been loosely reduced to giving reservations, freebies and also if one may term Rs 1,000 per month as alms to fully-abled women
- Yes, women did need that extra push 30-40 years ago, when they were not allowed education or permission to work, however, in 2021, politicians cannot get away by painting all women as sufferers, oppressed and dependent on the patriarchal men for their living
- It was pleasantly surprising to see many women slamming Kejriwal for this gimmick, and calling out this hypocrisy in the name of empowerment
- Several people have also termed this as Rs 60,000 bribe for next five-years, to fully abled women, irrespective of social, physical or mental status and also to those who voluntarily choose to sit idle
- One may argue that the scheme should be extended to all, including Men in need
- However, MDO has never favoured freebies or free allowances to any gender – When we stand up against ALIMONY (reverse DOWRY) to educated and working women, we must take similar stance and reject these political baits as well
- Further, these fake empowerment schemes are not limited to AAP, but have been extended in various form by every single party to appease the woman voter (read all articles at the end of this one)
- Common people must wake up and oppose this strongly, as no woman will be empowered with free cash, and India will be crying victimhood towards women even in 2050
Here’s how social media reacted!
ALSO READ –
Elections Are Here; So Is Gender Appeasement Card | Priyanka Gandhi Promises Smartphone for Class 12 Pass Girls, Electronic Scooty For Graduate Girls
Fully-Abled Women To Enjoy Free Bus, Metro Rides In Delhi From October; Is #GenderEquality About Entitlement?
Men Asked To Pay Higher Fare In Order To Allow Free Travel For Women In Chennai State Transport Buses
Andhra Pradesh High Court Terms 100% Women Reservation In Govt House Allotment Scheme Unconstitutional; Discriminates Against Men
ALSO WATCH –
Rajdeep Sardesai Wants Priyanka Gandhi To Woo Women Voters To Stay Relevant In UP State Elections
Join our Facebook Group or follow us on social media by clicking on the icons below
Blogging about Equal Rights for Men or writing about Gender Biased Laws is often looked upon as controversial, as many 'perceive' it Anti-Women. Due to this grey area - where we demand Equality in the true sense for all genders - most brands distance themselves from advertising on a portal like ours.
We, therefore, look forward to your support as donors who understand our work and are willing to partner in this endeavour to spread this cause. Do support our work to counter one sided gender biased narratives in the media.
To make an instant donation, click on the "Donate Now" button above. For information regarding donation via Bank Transfer, click here.