It is not just the women in India who are oppressed or eliminated by spouses. The reverse is equally rampant but due to the absence of any Commission for Men, such data or statistics are never collated. Read the below case of a woman from Punjab who murdered her husband since her demand was not met.
- Shamsher Singh (40) from Kussa village in Nihalsinghwala sub-division of the district, was married to Kulwinder Kaur
- The couple was married for over 14-years and also had two children
- Preliminary investigations revealed that Kulwinder Kaur desired to go to Malaysia for work, but her husband did not allow her to go there
- Due to this, the family members alleged that, the couple’s marital relations were not cordial
- Manjit Kaur, mother of the deceased, had also complained about her daughter-in-law’s behaviour to her parents many a times, but they could not solve the issue
- On the night of Diwali (October 27), Kulwinder’s relatives, Goldi and Gurdeep had come to Shamsher Singh’s house to convince him to send Kulwinder to Malaysia so as to ease their socio-economic situation, however, the husband did not agree to send her abroad
- It is then that Kulwinder and her family members killed her husband by administering poison to him during dinner on the night of Diwali
- According to Manjit Kaur, when her son started vomiting, they rushed him to a local doctor at Lohara village, but he referred him to a private hospital at Nihalsinghwala, where the doctors declared him brought dead
- The police took the body into custody and sent it for a post-mortem examination at the district hospital
- Later, the body was handed over to the family members
- The police have registered a case under Sections 302 and 34 of the IPC against his wife Kulwinder Kaur, and her relatives Goldi and Gurdeep Singh
- However, as confirmed by the Station House Officer Luvpreet Singh, of Badhni Kalan police station, the alleged accused were yet to be arrested (as on October 28)
The murder does not seem to at the spur of the moment, but a pre-planned one. The relationship is said to have strained between the couple for long and the wife could have opted to separate from her husband legally and then proceed to Malaysia on her own. However, she perhaps found it easy to eliminate him for her ulterior motives.
ALSO READ –