Last week, we reported a case from Sonipat, Haryana, where an entire family of three has been wiped out. 25-year-old Ankit (husband), 51-year-old Dinesh (father) and 48-year-old Brijesh all ended their lives by consuming poison, a day after they were released on bail in alleged false dowry case. Read background story at the end of this article.
Men’s Rights Activist KD Jha, reached Sonipat and spoke in detail with the family of the victims.
According to Jha, the man’s family was allegedly harassed and tortured by wife and her family. Ankit had allegedly also paid Rs 18.75 lakh to the wife, however, the alleged harassment and threats of false cases kept continuing. The family was also charged with alleged false dowry harassment case.
Ankit’s married sister, Neha, who did not reside with the family and the only survivor, spoke to Jha and said,
This is not suicide. This is a cold blooded murder. Police is not doing any investigation. Its been 4-days, however, we are only told that they are looking into the matter.
Jha adds that no one knows whether the culprits will even get arrested or not, because time and again this has been happening and our society is least bothered when such incidents occur with Men and their families.
Ankit’s uncle, Anil, who registered the case against deceased Ankit’s accused wife Dolly & her family, demands strictest punishment for the abettors. According to him, his brother Dinesh, was a simple man, who feared the law very much. He alleges that Dolly’s family would come and beat up Ankit’s family, but no action was ever taken.
With regards to the custody of Ankit’s 4-year-old son, Anil says that they would like to take his custody and not leave him with an accused mother.
Neighbours of the victims’ family added, that one of the woman who lived next to Ankit’s home, fell over Dinesh to cover him while he was getting beaten up. In the bargain, she was also thrashed by Dolly’s family. The women (neighbours) complain that despite them demanding action from the police, nothing much was done. The neighbours further added that the wife’s family came from Delhi, thrashed Ankit’s family and when they came running out for help, they tried to cover them.
- Whenever a dowry death is reported (murder/suicide), entire media is abuzz demanding instant change of laws further favouring women (read only Bahus)
- However, when a mother-in-law (husband’s mother) dies by suicide, this same Gender Biased Media goes completely silent
- It is not just shameful, but a blot on us as a society, that our emotions remain unmoved whenever a man and his family die such deaths, due to harassment by daughter-in-law and her family
- We also see many justifying such incidents by stating- ‘Women have suffered for years, its ok if few Men are now suffering’
- As a human, it is upto us to decide what is the meaning of Gender Equality and Women Empowerment
- Do we need to wait to demonstrate our outrage only when a death occurs; can’t we save these precious lives by speaking up now itself asking for Gender Neutral Laws?
- Beti Bachao, but not at the cost of Beta Gavao (murder son)
READ BACKGROUND STORY BELOW –
Suicide Prevention Contact Details:
Men in distress due to family problems and threats of false cases can contact either of the NGOs listed here: Men Welfare Trust, MyNation Hope Foundation, Save Indian Family Foundation, Vaastav Foundation
WATCH VIDEO REPORT BY KD JHA
(Views expressed by family members and Jha are their own. MDO is merely publishing the same)
ALSO READ –
Father Pleads To PM Modi As His Daughter-In-Law’s Family Demands Rs 1.5Cr Alimony Or Face Fake Charges
“Charges By Wife Were Actuated By Design To Harass & Humiliate” | Bombay HC Quashes 498A Against Family
Retired Army Major Begs For Help As His Wife Has Filed False Dowry & DV Cases After 12-Years Of Marriage
Gujarat HC Stays Arrest Of Mother-in-Law Despite Man Leaving Video Blaming Her For Alimony Harassment
Join our Facebook Group or follow us on social media by clicking on the icons below