Twin City Commissionerate Police on Sunday arrested five persons following allegations of rape and blackmail levelled by them respectively against each other last week. The arrested persons were identified as DGM of a private bank, a woman lecturer and her three male friends.
- The DGM of a private bank, Sunil Prasad Mishra, was arrested on charges of raping the woman on Sunday
- Besides the banker, three male friends of the woman have also been arrested in connection with the two separate cases
- It all began with a ‘match’ on Tinder between the banker and the teacher on January 2
- The two then exchanged mobile numbers the very same day
- After exchanging contact numbers on Tinder, both decided to meet the next day
- She went to Mishra’s room and they consumed liquor, had sexual intercourse
- The duo then clicked photos and made videos of their intimate moments on the banker’s mobile phone with mutual consent
- The incident took an ugly turn after Mishra alleged that the woman’s associates had kidnapped and harassed him
ALSO READ –
- On January 8, the lady called and requested the man to take her to a hospital saying that she was undergoing severe headache
- While Sunil was taking her to the hospital on his motorcycle, her two associates intercepted the vehicle, thrashed him and forcibly took him to a house, where he was held captive for a day
- They took away money and debit/credit cards from his possession and also demanded Rs 5 lakh
- On the other hand, the woman accused the banker of “harassing” her besides taking her photos and recording her videos “without her consent” while she was “unconscious”
- Refuting the allegation of abduction, she said that she had sought help of a person for deleting the photos and videos from Sunil’s mobile phone
- On Tuesday, Mishra’s mother and other family members staged a dharna (protest) in front of Chandrasekharpur Police Station, alleging partiality in investigation
The banker’s mother also threatened to commit suicide if the woman wasn’t arrested. The mother questioned:
Whatever happened between them was consensual. Why the woman did not report the incident the very next day if she was raped.
ALSO READ –
Chandrasekharpur Police have registered a case against the bank official under Sections 328 and 376 of IPC while the trio has been booked under Sections 365, 420, 120 (b), 379 and 34 of IPC.