While everyone is furious with the rampant kidnapping and rapes that are reported frequently, here is the other side to how some women have made these heinous offences sound so casual. And yet our Gender Biased Laws have no punishment whatsoever for these women who have been misleading the law and order system.
- A woman from Nagpur, Maharashtra, cooked up a fake story about her kidnapping to hide the fact from her family that she had gone with a man on her own will
- The parents alleged that four men forced their daughter into a four-wheeler while she was on way to college, and took her to a secluded place, from where she somehow managed to escape
- Soon after, the police started investigations and took the woman to the spot where she said she was taken after being kidnapped
- Nagpur Crime Branch teams also joined the probe and rushed to the spot
- However, the police grew suspicious after finding contradictions in her statements
- The police then checked a CCTV footage from near her college and found that the woman, a BA second year student, left with a man on his motorcycle after attending classes
- When the police confronted the woman with evidence in front of her family, she confessed to cooking up the kidnapping story
- Realising she will be scolded by family members for going out without informing them, the woman came up with the fake kidnapping story
- The woman thought the matter would end up with parents believing her story
- However, her parents approached the police, leading to the entire drama coming out in the open
Sunil Gangurde, Inspector of the Gittikhadan Police Station, said the 21-year-old woman along with her parents filed a kidnapping complaint at 8pm on Monday. Gangurde quoted:
Our further investigation revealed that she had gone to a place on outskirts of Nagpur city with her boyfriend who then later dropped her home. No case has been registered in this regard so far.
- What is the message our police is giving to other women by not registering a case?
- By allowing these women free, is the system not encouraging them to commit similar offences again and again?
- There is no fear of arrest or any charges for filing false complaints by women
- Such female minds are a curse to other genuine women victims who could be awaiting urgent assistance from police, while they are busy solving a fake case