Every woman who does not feel anguished at such mothers is a curse to womankind. A case reported from Mumbai demonstrates how even minor girls/daughters are not spared to be used as tools to settle alternate personal disputes.
- A special POCSO Court acquitted a 37-year-old man accused of flashing his minor niece in 2016 as the minor girl complainant and her mother turned hostile
- In a complaint lodged by the girl’s mother to Dongri Police station, she alleged that the man flashed after her while she was on her way home
- The police complaint stated that the man was the girl’s maternal uncle and he touched her shoulder and flashed at her
- She then fled the scene but did not tell her mother until two weeks after the incident
- Her mother then approached the police with the complaint
- The judge said that police failed to prove the crime as the complainant turned hostile and FIR registered in the case was the result of a civil dispute between the man and the complainant’s mother
- During the trial, the girl’s mother said asserted that there was a dispute between her, her brother and her sister-in-law that was resolved
- The girl and her mother had turned hostile in the case
- The girl said that she does not have any complaints about her uncle
- Such cases have become rampant not because it is simply easy to file a false complaint against a man
- They have been encouraged because most of our courts do not punish the culprits who dare to file such false allegations
- This is a 2016 case, which means until the man was acquitted, he would have been ridiculed by society for misbehaving sexually with his own niece
- How can such a man regain his lost respect?
- Some may still consider him as a molester due to one false allegation
- The least we can do is shame such women at a personal level to ensure they do not feel further encouraged to commit such unlawful acts
ALSO READ –
Join our Facebook Group or follow us on social media by clicking on the icons below
Blogging about Equal Rights for Men or writing about Gender Biased Laws is often looked upon as controversial, as many 'perceive' it Anti-Women. Due to this grey area - where we demand Equality in the true sense for all genders - most brands distance themselves from advertising on a portal like ours.
We, therefore, look forward to your support as donors who understand our work and are willing to partner in this endeavour to spread this cause. Do support our work to counter one sided gender biased narratives in the media.
To make an instant donation, click on the "Donate Now" button above. For information regarding donation via Bank Transfer, click here.