Men are stronger sex and cannot be raped. A myth with which our society lives in. It is probably a bigger stigma for a man to come up with his story of being raped, but often the society looks at it as a one off case reported. A 36-year-old man was sodomised and assaulted in Vashi on Monday night. As per the statement of local police, the man has had to undergo several surgeries.
- On September 23 night, the man had stopped for a cigarette while going home in Navi Mumbai
- According to Vashi police, he was kidnapped from a deserted spot and was taken behind some trees
- The man was then beaten up by the five men who allegedly sexually abused him
- According to reports, the accused also compromised the victim’s private parts after sexual assault to scare him of the consequences of complaining against them
- The doctors have also removed a dry coconut shell pushed inside his body by the accused
- The doctors at a private hospital in Kopar Khairane have had to conduct multiple surgeries
- He is under observation at the moment
According to Vashi police, they are looking for possibly five suspects. The officers have registered a case on Tuesday, after the man’s relatives approached them. A senior officer from Vashi police station said,
We have registered a case under section 377. Investigation is going on. We have taken the description of the accused and are trying to trace them. We are also looking at CCTV footages of the nearby areas. The accused will be arrested soon.
The victim stated that the accused seemed to be inebriated and also under the influence of narcotics. They all seem to be in the age group of 25-30.
How can we forget the chilling winter night of December 2012, where 23-year-old Jyoti Singh (Nirbhaya), was brutally raped and thrown at the side of the road. She had suffered multiple injuries and after almost three weeks, she had passed away at the hospital. Every single individual who heard about the incident personally connected with the agony and pain of the now deceased girl.
This is no comparison between the two cases, but why does our society not outrage equally when a man too gets raped. No candle marches for him? How many mainstream media report about such incidents? Time to call out one-sided Gender Equality hypocrisy.
ALSO READ –
Join our Facebook Group or follow us on social media by clicking on the icons below
Blogging about Equal Rights for Men or writing about Gender Biased Laws is often looked upon as controversial, as many 'perceive' it Anti-Women. Due to this grey area - where we demand Equality in the true sense for all genders - most brands distance themselves from advertising on a portal like ours.
We, therefore, look forward to your support as donors who understand our work and are willing to partner in this endeavour to spread this cause. Do support our work to counter one sided gender biased narratives in the media.
To make an instant donation, click on the "Donate Now" button above. For information regarding donation via Bank Transfer, click here.