On Sunday, an IPS officer staged a peaceful protest by sitting in front of his ex-wife’s house on the footpath, accusing her of not allowing him to meet their children.
- IPS Arun Rangarajan, sat in protest outside the Vasanth Nagar residence of his former wife, who is also an IPS officer, after he alleged that she was not allowing him to meet his own children
- Currently the superintendent of police in Kalaburagi police’s Internal Security Division, Arun said that they got married few years back and had a child when they were posted in Chhattisgarh
- He said his ex-wife wanted to shift to Karnataka which led to misunderstanding between the two, following which the woman officer applied for a divorce
- However, during the proceedings of the divorce, the two started living together and had their second child
- Their relationship, meanwhile worsened, and the two separated again
- The IPS officer claimed that it was after the second separation that he was not allowed to meet his children
On Sunday, Arun Rangarajan left for his wife’s home to meet their children but when he was not allowed, he sat outside on a footpath in protest. The IPS told The Indian Express that his estranged wife also called the police control room to complaint about harassment. Many officers rushed to Vasanth Nagar to pacify the IPS officer but he said he would continue to protest till he is allowed to meet the children.
ALSO READ –
Quoting to the media, Arun alleged,
When I come to meet my the children, she sends women Home Guards to push me out off the premises.
Continuing further the IPS officer said,
I came to Bengaluru on Friday for a meeting and I took one day’s casual leave to meet my children. My wife lives in Vasanth Nagar and is not allowing me to meet my son and daughter. She called the police control room to complain that I was harassing her. She also spread rumours about me that I was avoiding the children and not coming to meet them at all.
This is the common drama that takes place after separation and during the course of divorce proceedings. The custody of children get awarded to mothers by default and the fathers are left literally begging to see their own kids. When they make a noise about not being allowed to be with their children, the women in most cases do a rebound, trying to allege and prove that it is infact the father who is most irresponsible and has failed in his duties.
ALSO READ –
If a man if living in a different city, it is virtually impossible for him to gain any access despite court orders, since there is no end to the number of excuses a woman makes to ensure no verbal or physical contact between the father and his children.
Shame on our biased judiciary which makes a monster out of a separated father.
ALSO READ –
Join our Facebook Group or follow us on social media by clicking on the icons below
Blogging about Equal Rights for Men or writing about Gender Biased Laws is often looked upon as controversial, as many 'perceive' it Anti-Women. Due to this grey area - where we demand Equality in the true sense for all genders - most brands distance themselves from advertising on a portal like ours.
We, therefore, look forward to your support as donors who understand our work and are willing to partner in this endeavour to spread this cause. Do support our work to counter one sided gender biased narratives in the media.
To make an instant donation, click on the "Donate Now" button above. For information regarding donation via Bank Transfer, click here.