The Gujarat government on Wednesday suspended senior IAS officer Gaurav Dahiya in connection with the allegations of bigamy and cheating levelled against him by a Delhi-based woman.
The government in their statement said that Dahiya will face disciplinary action in connection the charges against him. Chief Secretary J N Singh said,
Based on the findings of the probe committee’s report, the state government has suspended Gaurav Dahiya today. He has been put under suspension in the wake of the ongoing probe against him. He will also face disciplinary action.
Singh, however, did not elaborate on the probe panel’s report, which was submitted to the state government recently.
- Last month, Chief Minister Vijay Rupani constituted an inquiry committee, headed by principal secretary Sunaina Tomar, to probe the Delhi-based woman’s allegations of bigamy and cheating against Dahiya, who is a 2010-batch Gujarat-cadre IAS officer
- Dahiya appeared before the probe panel twice and defended himself, saying he was falsely framed by the woman
- The Gandhinagar police were also conducting a separate inquiry after receiving an application from the woman
- Though Dahiya was asked to appear before the police, he is yet to record his statement
- Dahiya had also earlier submitted an application to the police against the woman, who claimed he tied the knot with her in February 2018 while keeping her in the dark about his first marriage and wife
- The woman claimed that Dahiya had lied to her that he will soon divorce his wife
- According to the allegations, the two got married in February 2018 in Tirupati and the woman claimed to have photographs and videos of the wedding
- She also alleged that when she insisted to get the marriage registered, Dahiya started torturing her and even blackmailed her by showing some intimate photos
- On the other hand, Dahiya also submitted an application last month against the woman, claiming that she was lying
- He alleged that the woman honey-trapped him and started blackmailing him
- He also claimed that the woman morphed the photos of their alleged wedding to extract money from him
- He also told the police that though both of them arrived at a compromise earlier, she started harassing him with false claims of marriage
Dahiya was transferred to the General Administration Department as a joint secretary on July 22 after the police received the complaint against him. Prior to that, he was director of the National Rural Health Mission in Gujarat.
While the enquiry is still on, what goes amiss in this case is that the woman knew Dahiya was already married since she claims he promised her of divorcing his first wife. However, there are no implications whatsoever for her in this bigamy case, to which she is also an equal party.
The man’s name has been released in the media even before being convicted, while the identity of the woman remains hidden.
ALSO READ –
Join our Facebook Group or follow us on social media by clicking on the icons below
Blogging about Equal Rights for Men or writing about Gender Biased Laws is often looked upon as controversial, as many 'perceive' it Anti-Women. Due to this grey area - where we demand Equality in the true sense for all genders - most brands distance themselves from advertising on a portal like ours.
We, therefore, look forward to your support as donors who understand our work and are willing to partner in this endeavour to spread this cause. Do support our work to counter one sided gender biased narratives in the media.
To make an instant donation, click on the "Donate Now" button above. For information regarding donation via Bank Transfer, click here.