A 36-year-old man was stabbed to death by his wife in Nallasopara on Wednesday.
The deceased Sunil Kadam was murdered brutally by his wife Pranali, 33, who initially termed his death as suicide. Sunil is survived by his parents, wife and two daughters; one who is 7-years-old and other is barely 8-months-old.
His wife initially claimed he had killed himself, but eventually when the police probed her further in detail, she confessed to the murder. Pranali has been charged under section 302 (murder) and was produced before Vasai court today.
- According to Tulinj police, the couple had a fight around 5am on Wednesday
- Afterwards, Kadam went to sleep and Pranali went to the kitchen, under the pretext of getting herself a glass of water. She returned to the couple’s bedroom with a knife and stabbed Kadam 11 times in the stomach and slit his throat
- The police believe Kadam died immediately
- Pranali then came to the living room, where her in-laws and two daughters were sleeping
- She told Kadam’s father, Ananda, 63, that Sunil died by suicide
- Ananda later approached police and informed them about his son’s death
Inspector DS Patil of Tulinj police station said,
Ananda complained to us and we started to probe. It is impossible for a man to self-stab and that too 11 times in the stomach and neck, so we sent the body for post mortem and questioned Pranali. She eventually confessed that she had found out about Kadam having an extramarital affair and had murdered him as an act of revenge.
Sunil Kadam was an accounts executive with an Andheri-based firm and the couple got married in 2011. Theirs was a love marriage and they lived with Kadam’s parents in Gala Nagar, Nallasopara (E), according to police.
Another case of attempted murder was reported from Vasai last week, where the wife along with her lover brutally assaulted her husband; in the said case, husband was fortunate to escape his murder.
READ VASAI CASE BELOW –