Bride burning has been a reality in India and always taken seriously because of repeated reports in media. However, groom burning has also been a reality, but often laughed off or taken as a sign of good riddance for the ‘poor troubled wife’. This only gives a terrible message that women are sufferers while men can never be victims. Read one such horrific story of #HusbandMurder by in-laws below.
- The case has been reported from Meerut, Uttar Pradesh
- Intazaar, a resident of Incholi, UP got married to Farheen who used to live in Lisari district from the same state
- The couple tied the knot nearly three years ago
- While initially the marriage was a smooth sailing one, the duo had recently developed several misunderstandings and issues between them
- However, about four days ago, on October 3, Farheen’s family took her along to the police station where her husband Intazaar reached as well
- There were a lot of allegations that were thrown from both sides which made the girl’s family furious
- When the husband later visited his in-laws place, they pour oil on him in front of the wife and burnt him alive
- Intazaar ran out of the home along with fire all over him and then eventually fell and collapsed on the road
- Several people gathered around, who tried to rescue the husband and also informed the police immediately
- On admitting Intazaar to the hospital, he had already been declared dead
- Farheen and her family fled their home after the incident, however, Intazaar’s family has lodged a case against Farheen and her brother for murdering their son
These are shocking yet true incidents how #MenToo can fall prey to their in-laws and their criminal and vicious attacks. Unlike National Commission For Women (NCW), there is no Commission for Men in India, to record these events or release any annual report with the number of cases registered under ‘Husband Murder’.
The demand for a dedicated commission that will look into the interest of Men as a whole has been widely growing, yet the government completely ignores this gender in their projection of only supporting women empowerment.
ALSO READ –
Join our Facebook Group or follow us on social media by clicking on the icons below
Blogging about Equal Rights for Men or writing about Gender Biased Laws is often looked upon as controversial, as many 'perceive' it Anti-Women. Due to this grey area - where we demand Equality in the true sense for all genders - most brands distance themselves from advertising on a portal like ours.
We, therefore, look forward to your support as donors who understand our work and are willing to partner in this endeavour to spread this cause. Do support our work to counter one sided gender biased narratives in the media.
To make an instant donation, click on the "Donate Now" button above. For information regarding donation via Bank Transfer, click here.