A case of suicide has been reported from NCR on Friday, where the death of the husband is related to domestic dispute.
An MNC Engineer hung himself to death in his house at Gurugram and the police have booked his wife and her father for abetment to suicide.
According to the police, the MNC engineer is identified as Himanshu Sharma (37), a resident of the Sector 5 area, where he was living with his wife Sakshi. The wife is also working at a private company.
Sharma allegedly died by suicide when he was alone at home and when his wife returned she found his body hanging and the police were called.
The family of deceased accused the daughter-in-law Sakshi and her father for abetting their son’s suicide. Following the complaint, an FIR has been registered against the duo under:
- Section 306 (abetment to suicide)
- Section 34 (common intention)
…of the IPC at the Sector 5 police station. Sub-inspector Ram Avtar, the investigating officer in the case said,
We handed over the body to the kin after postmortem today and it was a case of suicide only. We are verifying the facts based on the complaint and action will be taken as per law.
- Suicide rate in men due to family disputes is very high and also increasing by the day
- One of the main reasons for husbands to end their lives is, there is no way out from a dead or abusive marriage
- Whenever men want to set themselves free from daily harassment, they are instead threatened and intimidated by women centric laws and false dowry harassment charges
- Due to the absence of any forum from government like national commission for women (NCW), men are left with no where to go, nobody to discuss their problem and eventually they end up taking the extreme step
- Encourage all such men to speak up if they are suffering problems in the marriage
- You can contact any of the NGOs mentioned below for guidance
Suicide Prevention Contact Details:
Men in distress due to family problems and threats of false cases can contact either of the NGOs listed here: Men Welfare Trust, MyNation Hope Foundation, Save Indian Family Foundation, Vaastav Foundation
ALSO READ –
Join our Facebook Group or follow us on social media by clicking on the icons below
Blogging about Equal Rights for Men or writing about Gender Biased Laws is often looked upon as controversial, as many 'perceive' it Anti-Women. Due to this grey area - where we demand Equality in the true sense for all genders - most brands distance themselves from advertising on a portal like ours.
We, therefore, look forward to your support as donors who understand our work and are willing to partner in this endeavour to spread this cause. Do support our work to counter one sided gender biased narratives in the media.
To make an instant donation, click on the "Donate Now" button above. For information regarding donation via Bank Transfer, click here.