Clearing the IPS is an extremely tough challenge which involves dedicated focus to crack the UPSC exam. This examination is also regarded as one of the toughest in the world. Meet one of our youngest officers from Gujarat who is going to make history as he is heading to take charge as Superintendent of Police.
- 22-year-old Hasan Safin from the state of Gujarat will join Jamnagar police as the youngest IPS officer in the country, who will take charge on December 23 as the assistant superintendent of police
- Hasan comes from humble origins and hails from Kanodar village of Palanpur
- He is the son of Mustafa Hasan and Naseembanu, who are both diamond workers in a small unit
- The family’s meagre earnings could hardly suffice other needs, let alone pay fees for Safin’s studies
- But his mother Naseembanu also took up rolling chappatis for local restaurants and marriage halls to earn extra money to fund their son’s higher education
- Safin was also supported by the society to pursue his dream and now he has surely proved them all right
- The young IPS is looking forward to serving the society and the nation through his services
- Safin made the cut for the Union Public Service Commission exams with an all-India rank of 570 in 2018
Despite qualifying for the IPS ranks, Hasan wanted to join the IAS. Speaking to the media, he said,
I appeared again but could not clear the exam. Hence, I decided to pursue my career as an IPS officer and will use this opportunity to serve my country.
The Indian Police Service (IPS)
IPS is one of the three All India Services constituted under Article 312 of the Constitution of India. The IPS officers provide senior-level leadership to Police Forces both in the States and at the Centre. They form the backbone of India’s police system and are responsible for maintaining law and order in the country.
- The Service is organised in 26 State cadres and is reviewed after every five years
- The authorised strength of the Indian Police Service Officers stood at 4802 in 2016
On December 7, Hasan tweeted,
Official call on with Honorable @CMOGuj shri @vijayrupanibjp Sir. He emphasized on efficient and effective policing. He also focusses on importance of virtues like honesty, integrity, empathy and service to the needy people. #Gujarat @dgpgujarat @HMofficeGujarat
Official call on with Honorable @CMOGuj shri @vijayrupanibjp Sir.
He emphasized on efficient and effective policing. He also focusses on importance of virtues like honesty, integrity, empathy and service to the needy people.#Gujarat @dgpgujarat @HMofficeGujarat pic.twitter.com/IrqWZHsx4x
— Safin Hasan (@SafinHasan_IPS) December 7, 2019
Wishing the young man in uniform good luck for his new stint!
ALSO READ –