A case of rape has been registered against Bollywood top producer and owner of T-Series Bhushan Kumar (43), after he was accused of allegedly raping a 30-year-old woman. According to reports, the victim was abused on the pretext of getting work in the producer’s company.
Back in 2018, while all Bollywood A-listers were supporting #MeToo Campaign, Kumar was accused of sexual harassment by an anonymous Twitter user. In the tweet, the woman, an actress claimed that she was dropped from the film because she “refused to sleep with the ‘boss’.”
The woman also alleged that the producer offered her a 3-movie deal, as he saw “a lot of potential.” She was eventually directed to meet him at a bungalow in Versova and that he was “looking for a relationship that involves work and pleasure.”
The tweets went on to state that he made her the offer on the pretext of making her “a superstar.”
Bhushan Kumar’s Statement in 2018
Kumar, later released a statement, denying the sexual harassment allegations against him. In his note, he claimed that the #MeToo allegations were being used as a tool to malign his reputation. Speaking to news agency PTI back then, he quoted:
I am appalled and anguished to know that my name has been dragged in this #MeToo by some anonymous person(s). The allegations against me are bad on the face of it. I have enjoyed an impeccable reputation and have always maintained professionalism. The tweet has been used as a tool to defame me and malign my reputation.
A police officer confirmed to national news agency ANI,
Case registered u/s 376 IPC against Bhushan Kumar, managing director, T-Series, at DN Nagar Police station on allegations of rape with a 30-year-old woman on the pretext of engaging her for a project at the company. Probe underway, no arrests made till now.
Although no arrest has been made, a probe is currently in progress.
In May this year, 9 Bollywood biggies, including Krishan Kumar (uncle of Bhushan Kumar) had been charged with rape and molestation by a model. Read Story below.
Recently, in the rape case arrest of TV Actor Pearl Puri, Bhushan Kumar’s wife Divya Kumar Khosla came out in defense of Puri, calling rape charges of minor false and motivated.
- In most high profile Bollywood cases, entire feminist gang gets together to support the accused, as they have to work with each other
- However, whenever it comes to raising their voice against false rape cases against common men, they look the other way, and go on making several commercial projects playing on the female victimhood viewership
- This is the same Bollywood, that will make endless movies on atrocities on women, because it sells well, but laugh and shy away from making movies on the misuse of laws by women
- Coming to the above case – It will be unfair to say Bhushan Kumar is guilty or falsely accused as matter is subjudice
- However, the problem lies when mature adult women voluntarily indulge in physical relationship with a married man, and then file rape when the “professional commitment” is not met
- Should such cases even categorise as rape where the relationship was never forced?
- Remember the infamous case of Director Madhur Bhandarkar where he was charged with rape by an actor after he allegedly refused her role in his upcoming projects. Madhur had to fight the case for more than a decade, and later the woman got married and did not want to pursue the case ahead
- Sleeping with men on pretext of anything in return can amount to cheating by the man, but surely not rape; But, that is not how the rape laws are defined in India
ALSO READ –
Model Files Rape & Molestation FIR Against 9 Top Bollywood Professionals | Why Is Feminist Media Silent?
Pratyusha Banerjee Suicide Case | Rahul Raj Singh Calls Her Parents Greedy; Plans to Sue Kamya Panjabi-Vikas Gupta
MUST WATCH –
Interview With Manish Gupta – Section 375 The Film (Writer, Dialogues, Screenplay). Also Discusses His Friend Shiney Ahuja’s Case
Join our Facebook Group or follow us on social media by clicking on the icons below