Accusations of False Rape cases are increasing leading to several deaths of the falsely accused Men. Since the real incidents of rapes and gang rapes weigh higher in numbers and perception, false rape cases have become tools of extortion and harassment by many women.
- Santosh Kumar Rajput (40), the elder brother of Rohunta village chief Roop Singh, was a Class IV employee accused of rape by a village woman
- Santosh committed suicide by tying the noose in his own Hamirpur (Uttar Pradesh) house late on Wednesday night
- Dayashankar, elder brother of the deceased, said that four days ago a woman accused Santosh of rape
- However, during investigation, the police found the complaint to be false
- But the woman did not stop here
- She went to the district headquarters and threatened to register an FIR
- Despite the woman’s complaint being dismissed, Santosh felt the rape accusation had tremendous impact on the reputation of his family
- Therefore, he hanged himself in the house amidst constant pressure and increased tensions in society against him
- Santosh was a father of three – two daughters and one son
- He hanged himself after everyone fell asleep at night
- While the family rushed him to the local hospital soon as his body was recovered, he was declared dead on arrival
- According to the family, the woman who made allegations was grazing a goat in their farm on Monday
- Santosh objected to her doing so, because the crop was getting damaged
- This is when she accused him of rape
RK Patel, SO of Chikasi police station said,
The complaint against Santosh was not found correct but he was under pressure due to the charge. Thus, he chose to commit suicide.
About the False Accuser Woman
- During the discussion of Santosh Kumar Rajput’s suicide case, villagers and police also revealed that the same woman who had accused Santosh, had earlier also accused three more people from the village of rape
- The woman had separated from her husband and on October 21, she had filed a complain against three men of raping her and and threatening to burn her with acid after she complained
- The police had registered a case and the accused too had filed a report against the woman
- Later there were talks of reconciliation between both parties and the matter had died down
Deceased Santosh’s wife Ramkumari has questioned the punishment for woman who made the false allegations. While there will be no implications on the alleged victim who filed false rape case, Santosh’s wife will bear the burden alone of raising three children.
ALSO READ –