If you are a Man with good intentions and someone who is in position of authority or power, you need to be very very cautious while dealing with women. The below case from Kolkata will be an eye opener for many doctors, who go beyond their call of duty to attend to female patients.
- On Friday, at 3:41pm, a lady who introduced herself as Sona Acharya from Dum Dum, called up a 42-year-old cardiologist, who also happened to be her Facebook friend
- She claimed that she was suffering from acute chest pain and wanted the doctor to attend to her at her home in Panchanantala area immediately
- Since the doctor was based in Tiljala area, he asked the lady to call up a local doctor for urgent assistance
- However, the woman promised to pay the doctor Rs 4,500 as his personal visit fees for attending to her at her residence
- After much cajoling the doctor agreed and went to her house
- When the doctor started going through her previous medical reports, he could at once sense that the woman was faking her ailment
- While the cardiologist was flipping through the details of her previous history, the woman suddenly pushed herself on him and embraced him
- Soon, three persons, Siddhartha Acharya (35), Abhishek Chatterjee alias Avijit Pal (40) and Niladri Chatterjee alias Somnath Das (37) claiming to be policemen, barged into the room and forced the doctor to undress
- They then took several photographs of the doctor with the woman
- The accused threatened the male victim to pay them Rs 10 lakh or else his pictures would be posted on social media
- The victim requested the men to accompany him to his house as he was not carrying such a large amount of money
- Two of the three men then went to doctor’s residence with him
- On reaching there, the doctor took Rs 5,15,000 and his wife’s jewellery worth around Rs 5 lakh to handover to the two men, but also somehow managed to inform the police
- The police reached the spot and nabbed the two men
- Later, the other accused, including the woman, surrendered at a city court, according to local officials
- A police uniform was recovered from the house of one of the accused, which means there is a possibility that this was not their first instance of trapping and blackmailing someone like this
All the four accused have been granted bail, since an investigation into the matter was still on.
- As a professional, you cannot say No to an emergency, however, you also need to secure yourself from any unforeseen problems
- Never ever volunteer to go alone to your patient’s residence, especially, if the patient happens to be a lady
- We are not doubting all women to con doctors, however, it is important in today’s age to ensure you do not fall prey to blackmailing traps
- It is advisable to take along a female assistant for a lady patient’s check up
- If you do not have anyone to accompany you, you may request the neighbours of the patient to be around while you are examining the woman
MUST READ CASE FROM UTTARAKHAND –
Follow www.mensdayout.com on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram
Join our Facebook Group or follow us on social media by clicking on the icons below
Blogging about Equal Rights for Men or writing about Gender Biased Laws is often looked upon as controversial, as many 'perceive' it Anti-Women. Due to this grey area - where we demand Equality in the true sense for all genders - most brands distance themselves from advertising on a portal like ours.
We, therefore, look forward to your support as donors who understand our work and are willing to partner in this endeavour to spread this cause. Do support our work to counter one sided gender biased narratives in the media.
To make an instant donation, click on the "Donate Now" button above. For information regarding donation via Bank Transfer, click here.