We are living in sad times, where the term Rape is being misused for every possible motive. A woman who wants to settle score with Men in power or after a failed consensual relationship, misuse this law, and media uses such cases to their best advantage for higher TRPs. In most cases, reporters are fully aware of the facts on record, however, they deliberately show you only one side of the story.
Result? Men who get trapped in false rape cases, either try to go underground, escape the country, bribe the system (despite not having committed the crime)…….and do everything possible to not be labelled as Rapist by Media or Social Media. One such case from Uttarakhand gets reported where a minor issue which can happen in any of our homes, led to a series of harassment and embarrassment for a businessman’s family.
- A maid who worked in a joint family in Dehradun, was promised a salary hike by the son of the house
- However, when the commitment was not kept, the maid raised this issue with the father
- Several arguments followed and father happened to slap the girl
- This is totally condemnable and wrong
- After her tenure came to an end, she returned to the Delhi to her agency who were in the business of supplying maids across India
- This agency had an arrangement with one of the Women’s Rights NGO and the girl was sent there
- Allegedly, the NGO tutored her to file a rape case on the father-son duo
- The NGO and the girl then joined hands and subsequently a case of Rape was registered in Doon
- Father- Son duo, who happened to be influential businessmen, escaped as soon as case was filed
- Later with help of some middlemen, they cut a deal with the judge, who too agreed to release them on bail in lieu of Rs 30 Lakhs bribe, which was duly paid by them
- However, the motormouth duo shared the information of this deal with someone, who went and informed the judge about the same
- The Father-Son duo surrendered before police, assuming there were now safe
- The day when bail application came up for hearing, the judge changed sides and refused to grant them one
- The duo on the other hand, protested their bail and also went to the extent of revealing about the deal with the judge
- This is when the judge sent them to jail instantly
- Left with no option now since they were already jailed, the father-son duo then tried reaching out to the NGO, Maid Agency and the girl
- A deal was struck between all of them to pay Rs 12 Lakhs to the NGO
- Apparently, this NGO and agency used to work in tandem with each other on many other such cases
- The money was to be paid at Roorkee
- In the interim, someone also tipped off police about the deal
- The Police staff working on the case was already annoyed, as they were not a part of the arrangement and were not getting anything
- So the police followed the relatives of the duo to Roorkee and apprehended all of them red handed as money was changing hands
- After this, the entire case became extremely complicated with everyone from the rape accused to the alleged rape victim, to the NGO and agency people who were fronting the rape case
- All of them together landed up in the same jail
Status As Of Today
The father- son duo are now out of jail and so are the alleged rape victim, NGO and the agency who helped her file false rape case. Reportedly father-son duo who wanted to save a few thousands annually as maid increment, had to shell out a whopping Rs 1.3 crores to settle the entire mess.
- This matter is extremely serious for both men and women, as such a situation can arise in any of our homes, if we disagree with our maids at any point in time
- Let’s say there was no commitment of giving her a raise, yet the woman could have used similar blackmailing tactics to ensure she got what she wanted
- We often feel hiring maids from registered agencies is advisable, however, after reading this case, one must be alert and possibly even have a written contract with the maid and agency year-on-year
- For any reason, if the Men of the house are still falling prey to false cases, do not panic or try to escape
- If you are not in the wrong, it is better to undergo a proper examination as per due police process, to clear your name from such frivolous cases
- Yes, at times the medical reports too can be manipulated, however, truth will triumph with facts if you haven’t done anything wrong
Note : The facts in the above case were published by a twitter user named Alok Bhatt and the case is also uploaded on Indian Kanoon website. We are unable to share the link, to keep the names of the parties anonymous.
ALSO READ –
Follow www.mensdayout.com on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram
Join our Facebook Group or follow us on social media by clicking on the icons below
Blogging about Equal Rights for Men or writing about Gender Biased Laws is often looked upon as controversial, as many 'perceive' it Anti-Women. Due to this grey area - where we demand Equality in the true sense for all genders - most brands distance themselves from advertising on a portal like ours.
We, therefore, look forward to your support as donors who understand our work and are willing to partner in this endeavour to spread this cause. Do support our work to counter one sided gender biased narratives in the media.
To make an instant donation, click on the "Donate Now" button above. For information regarding donation via Bank Transfer, click here.