- Promised to marry and backtracked……File Rape
- Want to teach him a lesson…….File Rape
- Man is famous, rich or in position of power…..use him and then threaten him with Rape charges if he stops giving into your demands
Sadly, this is how several women are using the Rape Law as a tool for vengeance to settle a score with the man with whom she has had a consensual relationship for many years.
- Popular Cosmetic Surgeon Dr Viral Desai from Mumbai, had been accused of raping a television actress in August this year
- The victim had filed a case of rape against the accused, alleging that he tried to sexually assault her in his clinic on August 9
- Based on the complaint a case of rape was registered against Desai
- The TV actress, then said that he first botched up a procedure on her face and then forced himself on her inside the changing room of his clinic
- She filed a rape case against him but he was not arrested
The alleged victim then quoted:
I want to teach a lesson to such a culprit and decided to file a complaint before the state medical council to debar Dr Desai from the medical profession. I will not keep quiet until severe punishment is given to him.
- Her counsel Satish Agarwal, confirming the development, had said, that he had also received instructions from the actress to file a complaint before the medical council
- The Maharashtra Medical Council had quoted that the cosmetic surgeon also stood the chance of losing his medical licence if charges against him were proven
- MMC president Dr Utture Shivkumar Shankar, had told the media that the council would revoke his licence if he was found guilty
- On September 3, a City Civil court had restrained the television actress from publishing defamatory material on social media against Desai
- However now, Dr Desai has been granted anticipatory bail by the sessions court on Tuesday
- According to Desai’s counsel, Parvez Memon, his client and the alleged victim were in a consensual relationship and she had purposefully misrepresented the facts in her complaint
- Desai also submitted evidence in the form of photographs and WhatsApp chats showing that he and the TV actress were in a mutual relationship since last few years
- Desai had informed the court that even after the alleged incident of rape, the complainant took the doctor for dinner from his clinic and continued to have chats with him on a regular basis
- Additional Sessions Judge Kalpana S. Hore granted relief to Desai
- Desai’s counsel pointed out that the victim was a forty-two-year-old actress who herself was going through a troubled marriage and is amidst a divorce case in the family court
- He thus argued that there cannot have been a relationship on the basis of a promise of marriage since the complainant was already married
We are happy with the order of the Anticipatory bail passed by the court. This is the triumph of truth and justice over falsehood and malice. The victim has resorted to abuse the process of law with ulterior motives which was exposed by us in court through cogent evidence suggesting consensual relationship.
ALSO READ –
A lot of questions had been raised on the character of the cosmetic surgeon. However, no one questioned the married woman who voluntarily choose to have a relationship outside her marriage. Men’s Day Out is not judgmental about either Gender’s personal choices, but, we raise strict objections when society calls out the man in power as Characterless and the woman as the victim, even when both mature adults exactly know what they are getting into.
ALSO READ –
Follow www.mensdayout.com on Facebook Twitter and Instagram
Join our Facebook Group or follow us on social media by clicking on the icons below
Blogging about Equal Rights for Men or writing about Gender Biased Laws is often looked upon as controversial, as many 'perceive' it Anti-Women. Due to this grey area - where we demand Equality in the true sense for all genders - most brands distance themselves from advertising on a portal like ours.
We, therefore, look forward to your support as donors who understand our work and are willing to partner in this endeavour to spread this cause. Do support our work to counter one sided gender biased narratives in the media.
To make an instant donation, click on the "Donate Now" button above. For information regarding donation via Bank Transfer, click here.