A domestic dispute between a Bengaluru couple has left the husband with 50 per cent burn injuries, when his thirty-six year-old wife poured boiling oil on him after she suspected him of infidelity.
- Padma (accused wife) suspected her husband Manjunath of cheating and when the tussle between the couple escalated, she poured boiling oil on his face and chest on Sunday morning
- The couple has been married for nine years
- The woman identified as Yeshwantpur resident picked up a fight with her husband as she believed that he was having an extramarital affair
- The neighbours rushed to the scene and took Manjunath to the hospital
- According to a report, Manjunath is suffering from 50 per cent burn injuries and is undergoing treatment at a local hospital
- Padma was later arrested by Yeshwantpur police
Padma 36, resident of Yeshwanthapur has poured boiling oil on her husband Manjunath 40 over harassment.They got married 9 yr ago. Reason alleged extramarietal #affair by husband. Padma arrested, 50% burns #Bengaluru @DeccanHerald @nkaggere @BlrCityPolice @NammaBengaluroo pic.twitter.com/cr8KFpx5Ap
— Chaithanya (@ChaithanyaSwamy) February 9, 2020
ALSO READ –
This is not the first case reported where a woman has harmed her husband, suspecting him of an affair. In 2012, a 32-year old woman was arrested after she had allegedly poured hot oil over her husband while he was asleep in their house, suspecting infidelity.
Periyasamy (35) had suffered 70 per cent burns and was admitted to a local government hospital where his condition was stated to be serious. His wife Chitra was arrested on the charge of attempt to murder. The couple had been married for the past ten years and had two sons and two daughters.
ALSO READ –
In yet another case reported from Maharashtra in 2016, a woman allegedly threw hot oil on her husband on after she was asked to change her promiscuous nature and refrain from adultery. The untoward spat also left minor daughters injured as the woman unknowingly ended up spilling hot oil on them.
The daughters were having dinner when they saw their parents fighting over their mother’s alleged love affair. Being vexed by the brawl, they went to their parents to stop them.
The spat triggered off when the husband asked wife not to meet her alleged boyfriend. Being irked at her husband’s interference, she threw hot oil on his face, which she had kept in the pan for cooking. She also ended up hurting her daughters as the oil splattered on their faces unknowingly, said the police.
The husband started shouting in pain and the neighbours rushed to the spot hearing him shout. The husband and daughters were immediately rushed to the hospital.
A police official had also added that the couple had earlier filed complaints against each other.
ALSO READ –