Delhi High Court has granted bail to a person who was accused of having a physical relationship with the complainant on false pretext of marriage.
- A girl had accused a boy of befriending her through Facebook in 2017
- According to her, initially she did not accept the same but when he pressurised her she agreed to meet him
- She even alleged that she was pressurised to enter into a relationship with him
- The girl said she was convinced to get into a physical relationship with the boy after he promised her marriage, but subsequently he refused
- Boy was booked under Sections 376/506 IPC at the Geeta Colony police station
- Counsel for the petitioner boy submitted that he had been falsely implicated
- He also pointed out the delay in filing the charges by the woman and also the averments in the FIR suggested that the relationship was consensual
- Learned counsel for the petitioner also submitted that there was nothing to suggest that there was any physical relationship or any promise or false promise to marry
- The court was convinced on the arguments for bail and the same was granted to the boy upon furnishing a bail bond of Rs 25,000
Subsequently, the court also laid down some more conditions for the bail:
- Petitioner shall not do anything which may prejudice either the trial or the prosecution witnesses
- Neither the petitioner nor his family members shall contact the complainant or her family
- Petitioner shall not leave the country without the permission of the Trial Court
- Petitioner shall surrender his passport, if any, to the Investigating Officer, if not already done so
- The Investigating Officer shall share her as well as the telephone number of the SHO, Police Station Geeta Colony with the complainant, who may contact them in case of any apprehension
How many cases do we know where a girl has been charged with rape or forced physical assault on a boy after she has backed out from marriage! The answer is None.
ALSO READ –
Join our Facebook Group or follow us on social media by clicking on the icons below
Blogging about Equal Rights for Men or writing about Gender Biased Laws is often looked upon as controversial, as many 'perceive' it Anti-Women. Due to this grey area - where we demand Equality in the true sense for all genders - most brands distance themselves from advertising on a portal like ours.
We, therefore, look forward to your support as donors who understand our work and are willing to partner in this endeavour to spread this cause. Do support our work to counter one sided gender biased narratives in the media.
To make an instant donation, click on the "Donate Now" button above. For information regarding donation via Bank Transfer, click here.