For the first time in court, Soccer superstar Cristiano Ronaldo’s lawyers revealed, the amount he paid to settle allegations of rape filed by a woman in Las Vegas hotel in the year 2009.
- Mayorga claims she met Ronaldo at Rain Nightclub in the Palms hotel, Las Vegas in June 2009
- She went to party with him in his penthouse suite where she claims he raped her
- She later approached the police, but never identified Ronaldo by name; only describing him as a huge soccer star
- Back in 2018, amidst the #MeToo campaign, she publicly named Ronaldo and cops launched an investigation, however, the officials ultimately decided not to file charges due to lack of evidence
- Ronaldo had adamantly denied the allegations then
- Mayorga the filed a civil lawsuit against Ronaldo
- The soccer star has now filed new court documents asking the judge to throw out the case because they have a binding settlement agreement
- Ronaldo through his team of lawyers has also claimed that the statute of limitations has expired long ago
- Ronaldo does acknowledge the amount of $375,000 paid to settle with Mayorga in 2010
- No criminal charges have been filed in the alleged incident
Join our Facebook Group or follow us on social media by clicking on the icons below
Blogging about Equal Rights for Men or writing about Gender Biased Laws is often looked upon as controversial, as many 'perceive' it Anti-Women. Due to this grey area - where we demand Equality in the true sense for all genders - most brands distance themselves from advertising on a portal like ours.
We, therefore, look forward to your support as donors who understand our work and are willing to partner in this endeavour to spread this cause. Do support our work to counter one sided gender biased narratives in the media.
To make an instant donation, click on the "Donate Now" button above. For information regarding donation via Bank Transfer, click here.