Children spending too much time on smartphones on video calls is not good for health. This is what a district court in Vadodara recently ruled, dismissing an estranged father’s plea to see and speak with his two sons.
46-year-old man from Udaipur approached the court with a request to be allowed to speak with both his sons via video conferencing daily for 30 minutes. His teenage sons aged 16 and 13 respectively live with the 44-year-old separated mother in Vadodara. Initially, court had permitted the father to meet with his children once a month for three hours in the court premises. However, since past 6-months, the man was unable to do so due to COVID travel restrictions.
Despite the father pleading to see and speak with his sons, additional sessions judge H I Bhatt rejected his plea. The judge said,
It is not in the interest of minor kids that they spend more time on smartphones and on video conferences as they are already getting online education in the present situation.
ALSO READ –
Wife Takes Maintenance From Husband Using Child As Tool | Stops Sending Her To School | Court Orders FIR On Mother
We put forth our point that the applicant wants to meet his children. However, why did he not pay maintenance for those same children in the entire lockdown? Also, often the father has instigated the kids against their mother and the kids do not want to meet him due to his this conduct.
- Biological fathers are turned into monsters and criminals, the day the get separated from their wives
- While women can enjoy full access and custody of their children, men are left to almost beg in front of our judiciary to permit them 30 minutes in a day to just see and speak with their children
- A man is expected to pay up every single penny for his estranged wife and kids, even if he has lost his job or has had a massive salary cut during lockdown
- There is zero compassion towards men when it comes to matrimonial matters, whereas women are treated as almost crippled who cannot support or fend for themselves
- Our gender biased media suppresses such stories which never allow the narrative of a father’s plight to become a matter of debate
- If the same was reversed, you would have seen at least 50 articles on the topic by day end
ALSO READ –
Join our Facebook Group or follow us on social media by clicking on the icons below
Blogging about Equal Rights for Men or writing about Gender Biased Laws is often looked upon as controversial, as many 'perceive' it Anti-Women. Due to this grey area - where we demand Equality in the true sense for all genders - most brands distance themselves from advertising on a portal like ours.
We, therefore, look forward to your support as donors who understand our work and are willing to partner in this endeavour to spread this cause. Do support our work to counter one sided gender biased narratives in the media.
To make an instant donation, click on the "Donate Now" button above. For information regarding donation via Bank Transfer, click here.