Marriage is a practical and serious relationship which can provide mature, profound love, companionship and caring for both Genders equally. However, when we delve upon an issue like Adultery within marriage, there is an alarming Gender Discrimination witnessed.
Transparency and total honesty is what any spouse would expect ideally, however, what happens when a male spouse is caught cheating as against the woman who is caught red handed by her husband?
Typically, if a husband is cheating on his wife, the woman is armed with several laws to drag him to court and charge him under various sections (although Adultery as an offence has been decriminalised by Supreme Court in 2018). However, what happens in a reverse if a husband finds out that he is being cheated upon by his wife? Read one such confession of an Infosys employee that is going viral on social media.
- 31-year-old man has written the below confession, calling his state of mind as “numb” while penning the same
- Akash (name changed) was in a serious relationship with his classmate, Aarti (name changed) during their 3rd year at college
- After graduation, the two got selected by Tech Giant Infosys and eventually got married in 2014
- Akash says Aarti is the only woman he has ever been with and loved
- Aarti did have an affair before meeting Akash and while the same did bother him for a while, eventually things were sorted between the two
- Akash and Aarti had a girl child in 2016
- While everything was going fine, last year Akash caught Aarti red handed with her co-worker in their own bedroom
- The husband was totally heart broken and thought of divorcing his wife then
- However, Aarti begged and pleaded to Akash to forgive her and promised never to repeat such a thing ever again
- Akash decided to forget the incident somehow, however, he still doubted her on several occasions
- He then decided to check her personal chat messages on social media and to his shock, he found much more dirt in them
- As confessed by Akash, this wasn’t Aarti’s first affair; she had cheated on him after marriage with nearly 5-6 other men
- Aarti had been a serial cheater and when Akash confronted her ex-boyfriend before marriage, Sumit (name changed), he also opened up about his break up with Aarti since she had cheated on him too
- Now, when Akash decided to speak face-to-face with Arti on this matter three weeks ago, instead of being apologetic, his wife fumed and told him that she could not be with him in a monogamous relationship and neither she had any plans of giving him a divorce
- Aarti even instructed Akash to have an open relationship, and when Akash outrightly refused, she threatened to ruin his life including that of his parents’ and younger brother by filing false dowry, false domestic violence and false rape cases
- Since then, Akash has been living in he guest room in his own home
- Well, it doesn’t end here……….last week, Aarti informed Akash that she was pregnant again
- Akash is extremely worried and unclear whether the child even belongs to him
- He says he is sure of his first child, since he had got a DNA test done on her, but has serious doubts whether this unborn child belongs to him
- To make things worse for him, his in-laws have instructed him to work this marriage out, since divorcing their daughter will ‘hurt their reputation’
- Akash says his in-laws are also politically well connected and in their words he quotes, “we rather see you dead than divorce our daughter”
- Akash ends the note by saying that he feels like leaving all evidence he has collected with his parents and commit suicide
- He says he is suffocated and doesn’t know honestly what to do
Akash is not the only man who is going through this hell. But yes, perhaps he is one of the few men who has opened up about his trauma. We do not want to be judgemental about his wife’s behaviour, but if that’s the way she prefers to live her life, she should just end her legal bond with Akash and free him and the child of her vicious acts.
The lopsided matrimonial laws in India have been making lives of innocent husbands extremely difficult. Instead of making balanced laws, the central governments are all in their own race to score brownie points in the name of Fake Women Empowerment. If they truly want to empower women, they must enable them to be self dependent and stop depending on regressive practices such as Alimony, threatened by False Cases.
A confession from an Infosys Guy pic.twitter.com/cLjzDLRqXP
— Deepika Bhardwaj (@DeepikaBhardwaj) November 13, 2019
Some of the reactions from the social media on this:
He should have never confronted..carried on the pretence while secretly collecting evidence, call records, moving his parents and brothers to a secure location and when ready, send the divorce papers.
— AD (@AD5991) November 13, 2019
The guy was born in a wrong country that have laws totally against Men. My heart goes out reading all these struggle Men are going through and no one cares of raising their voice against the Draconian laws.
— Shail (@Shailz_S) November 13, 2019
Very Sad !! I know personally how vindictive girls ruin their husband and his family. Had a cousin go through hell for almost 8 years, been in jail. The girl had left just after 4 months of marriage to her ex. Somethings have to change in India
— Sush Bhatt ?? (@Susheel_FCA) November 13, 2019
This is not only one case, this gender biased laws will take more lives. Govt, judiciary, police and politicians working with fake feminists NGO to ruin more and more life. To stay safe stay single and start fighting with this system.
— MyNation MADHYA PRADESH OFFICIAL (@Mynation_MP) November 13, 2019
More Men suicide due to mental torture in marriage than women die due to Dowry.#Menscommission
— Jitendra जितेंद्र ? (@JITENDRATW) November 13, 2019
ALSO READ –
Follow www.mensdayout.com on Facebook Twitter and Instagram
Blogging about Equal Rights for Men or writing about Gender Biased Laws is often looked upon as controversial, as many 'perceive' it Anti-Women. Due to this grey area - where we demand Equality in the true sense for all genders - most brands distance themselves from advertising on a portal like ours.
We, therefore, look forward to your support as donors who understand our work and are willing to partner in this endeavour to spread this cause. Do support our work to counter one sided gender biased narratives in the media.
To make an instant donation, click on the "Donate Now" button above. For information regarding donation via Bank Transfer, click here.