After too much trolling and backlash on social media, Vietnam’s low-cost airline VietJet Air is going to start two direct flights to India by the year end. The flights will be launched from Vietnam’s Ho Chi Minh City and capital Hanoi to New Delhi.
Why is this airline so controversial? The budgeted airline, popularly known as ‘Bikini Airline’ for having cabin crew dressed in ‘Bikini’ in some of its flights, has introduced some interesting deals on its flight to/from India. Nguyen Thanh Son, Vietjet’s Vice President told new agency IANS,
India is one of our priority markets and an important addition to our growing network.
According to Vietjet’s official website, the airline will take off from Ho Chi Minh City to Delhi between:
- December 6, 2019, and March 28, 2020, on Mondays, Wednesdays, Fridays and Sundays
- The flight services from Hanoi to Delhi will be scheduled from December 7, 2019, to March 28, 2020, on Tuesdays, Thursdays and Saturdays
- The Vietjet flight will depart at 7 pm and reach New Delhi at 10:50 pm
- The return flight will depart from New Delhi at 11:50 pm and land at Ho Chi Minh City at 6:10 am
Vietjet had announced special fares for the two new routes in a three-day booking scheme (August 20-22):
- The airline was offering tickets starting from Rs 9 (excluding VAT, airport fees and other surcharges)
- The promotional sale was on until yesterday, August 22
- 8,000 seats were made available under this promotional offer, as per the airline’s Facebook post
- The flight period is from December 6, 2019 to March 28, 2020
With direct flights from Ho Chi Minh and Hanoi to New Delhi, Vietjet will connect India to Indonesia, Singapore, Malaysia, Thailand, South Korea, Japan, and China. You could visit the following links to book your future tickets for this new adventure: