False rape charges on a man can tremble his entire life, but imagine if these fake allegations are levied against a father by his own daughter. One cannot even possibly imagine the pain a man goes through in such scenarios.
- This case pertains to the year 1996 and the verdict in the matter came after nearly two decades
- The man worked in Indian Army in the engineering service department and was posted in Udhampur, Jammu and Kashmir
- He was accused by his own daughter of constantly raping her from 1991-1996
- After investigation, the trial court had sentenced him to 10-years prison
- The man died in February 2018 and Delhi High Court passed a judgement in the matter in December 2018
- A man who lived his entire life with the stigma of raping his daughter was acquitted by the court after 18-years, but it was too late as he did not live to see himself as innocent
- The man had repeatedly told authorities that there was a lapse in the investigation, but nobody listened to him then
ALSO READ –
Mother Filed False Rape Case Against Own Son; Confessed He Didn’t Rape Her After He Spent 1.5Yrs In Jail
- During the trial, the father also told court, that his daughter was abducted by a boy with whom she had sexual relations, after which she became pregnant
- However, the investigation agency did not pay heed to any of his claims
- The innocent father also continued to demand a DNA test, which could have proved him innocent, but this too was ignored
- While delivering the verdict, the Delhi High Court admitted that the accused father continued to call himself innocent
- Expressing concern over the matter, the High Court also said the investigation was completely one-sided
- The court noted that they cannot do anything now, except express regret in this whole matter
- There were many errors in the facts and circumstances in this particular case which the trial court overlooked and the man had to suffer till death for the same
- However, notably in this incident, the girl’s mother and the deceased man’s wife fought till the end to seek justice for her innocent husband
- Sometimes it is impossible to understand why a girl behaves in the manner she does
- But there is a big learning for our investigation agencies from such cases
- Listen to both sides; do not act and react just because the victim happens to be a girl
- It is unfortunate that several Men languish in jails for crimes they have not done, and many do not even live for the day to be declared as innocent
- Who takes the responsibility of a Man’s respect and life in such cases?
- It is easiest for our courts to ‘regret’ or ‘condemn’ the errors during investigation, but is there any accountability to fix any officer who mishandled the case?
- Also, if the man has been proven innocent, why should there be no consequences against the girl who filed a false case and made a living hell for her father?
- Unless we close the loopholes in our system, false cases will continue to prevail and we shall keep reading such stories feeling helpless time and again