On Monday, the Parliamentary Standing Committee on Home asked the government to work with states and ensure that people and cops filing false cases did not go scot-free. The committee also recommended changes in the existing laws to ensure action against those who perpetrated falsehoods.
As reported by The Tribune India, the said committee further lamented only 38 per cent utilisation of Nirbhaya Fund, noting that the fund meant for the safety and security of women was being diverted for other schemes.
On false cases, the panel expressed concern and said after an investigation about the veracity of cases, appropriate penal action should be taken by fixing accountability of police personnel who had registered false cases.
The panel headed by Congress veteran Anand Sharma in its report said,
ALSO READ –
Delhi Shakur Basti Station GANG RAPE FALSE | Woman Wanted To Get Rid Of Old Husband & Marry Paramour
Also, individuals who register false cases must not go scot-free. We recommend that the Home Ministry advise states to take strict action against police personnel and individuals who have registered false cases. The Home Ministry may take up the matter with the Ministry of Law if need be and laws should be amended to add stringent provisions against false cases.
- Men’s Rights is not just about the welfare of men, but also in the interest of a balanced society at large
- India has a number of women centric laws, specifically aimed to protect the safety and security of women who are or could be facing horrendous acts of rape and sexual violence
- However, over the past couple of decades, the misuse of these women centric laws have become extremely rampant, thereby not just tarnishing images and lives of Men, but also becoming a blot on the plight of genuine victims
- False cases of — rape, POCSO, sexual exploitation, molestation, etc. are being filed to settle personal disputes – recently Delhi High Court noted how a parking fight reached court after woman filed false molestation complaint (read at the end of this article)
ALSO READ –
Watch Video | Many Rape Complaints Filed After Live-in Relationships Fail: Chhattisgarh Women Commission Chairperson
- Currently, India does not have any stringent deterrent to punish a false accuser – especially in cases, where the fabricated and motivated charges have been alleged by women
- There have been judgements, where courts have allowed withdrawal of rape cases, after women admitted to having filed false cases to settle score
- There is zero fear in the minds to women today, if they wish to ‘teach a lesson’ to a man, after a failed relationship or rejection or something else
- In 2021, if India wants to truly rise on the parameters of Gender Equality and Empowerment, punishing false accusers will be a critical step in the overall progress of our country
- This will also help curb precious time spent by investigating officers in running after frivolous cases and courts too can focus on speedy justice for real victims
Exclusive | Interview with Adv Ashwani Dubey On Kapil Mishra’s PIL In Vishnu Tiwari False Rape Case
ALSO READ –
Join our Facebook Group or follow us on social media by clicking on the icons below
Blogging about Equal Rights for Men or writing about Gender Biased Laws is often looked upon as controversial, as many 'perceive' it Anti-Women. Due to this grey area - where we demand Equality in the true sense for all genders - most brands distance themselves from advertising on a portal like ours.
We, therefore, look forward to your support as donors who understand our work and are willing to partner in this endeavour to spread this cause. Do support our work to counter one sided gender biased narratives in the media.
To make an instant donation, click on the "Donate Now" button above. For information regarding donation via Bank Transfer, click here.