Calling for all men and supporters of men’s rights movement to join and be a part of Airtel Delhi Half Marathon happening on Sunday, October 20 this year.
About The Event
NGOs working for Welfare of Men have been recognised as a Social Cause under Human Rights category : #MenToo are Human!
Gender Human Rights Society ( GHRS) in association with Men Welfare Trust(MWT) and Save family Foundation(SFF) will be running in 5Km category as a official Registered CSO with India Cares. We welcome your participation in the run for this Noble Cause and an opportunity to be their voice too. It’s time to get together and speak up against the gross injustice done to Men in the name of Women Empowerment. It’s time to demand equality and equal respect as the Male Gender in society.
Mens Rights Activists have been participating in the said event since 2012, however, this is the first time they will walk as a registered NGO under the noble cause.
Buoyed by the success of the opening edition of the Standard Chartered Mumbai Marathon, Procam zeroed in on the capital city of India, New Delhi, and thus started the journey of the Delhi Half Marathon in 2005. Rio Olympics marathon champion and the fastest marathoner in the world, Eliud Kipchoge, chose to participate in and won the Airtel Delhi Half Marathon 2016. Daley Thompson, Jackie-Joyner Kersee, Sir Richard Hadlee, Alan Border and Cathy Freeman have been the event ambassadors of the world’s most prestigious IAAF Gold Label half-marathon.
About Fund Raising
- You need to register with ADHM2019 directly for 5 kilometres run
- Registration cost is Rs 650/- per person
- The group is a registered NGO and are working on marking their presence as one of the most prominent contingent in the run
- While the activists have been running independently and marking their presence, this will be the first time they are running together as a registered NGO
- Thus, the target is to raise maximum funds
- These funds raised will enable the NGO to educate and aide several male sufferers against misandric laws and biased system
- Do come forward for one of the biggest awareness campaigns and join us in leaving a mark through our act