A five-year-old boy with autism was reportedly put on a record as a sex offender after hugging his classmate. Nathan, who attends East Ridge Elementary in Chattanooga, Tennessee, USA, was allegedly accused by teachers of ‘overstepping’ a boundary.
When the local media, NewsChannel 9, asked the school system if the teacher filed a report with DCS, a spokesperson said the source of those complaints is confidential and there was no reply from DCS either.
- Nursery school pupil Nathan was reported for hugging the child and his parents warned he would be placed on a record “for the rest of his life”
- Nathan is a 5-year-old boy kindergartener at East Ridge Elementary
- Summery Putnam, Nathan’s guardian, received a call from his teacher in the beginning of September
- She said the teacher told her he had been accused of “sexual activities” for hugging a child and kissing another child on the cheek
- The principal says the school staff has talked with him several times
- His guardian says the school has filed a report with the state
- Ms Putnam said her son had no idea he had crossed any kind of boundary
- She said her son has now switched classrooms and teachers and is enrolled in special education services
He doesn’t even know what wrong he has done.
Nathan’s grandmother, Debi Amick, too questioned why the school wouldn’t listen to the family or their doctor about the challenges the young child was facing.
What do you do when a 5 year child is being labeled a sexual predator and accused of sexual harassment by the school system? It was disclosed that it will go in his record for the rest of his life that he is a sex offender. This child is autistic, he comprehends and functions very different than your typical 5 year. What do you do? Who do you turn to for help when the school will not even listen to the child’s doctor when he explains the child’s difficulties in his comprehension of simple things such as boundaries. If anyone can offer advice or help please do. Please feel free to comment or pm me.
He shouldn’t be treated like this. The kid doesn’t even understand what sex is.
Tim Hensley, a spokesperson for the Hamilton County Department of Education, has released this statement:
School personnel are required to concerns regarding children to the Department of Child Services (DCS). It’s up to DCS to determine if those reports are acted on by DCS and what form those actions may take.
While normal people will find this case absolutely shocking and bizarre, we won’t be surprised if ultra feminist portals will write blogs justifying how boys from young age should be punished for activities, they perceive as ‘sexual’.
This is nothing but beyond shameful and hopefully an eye opener for all who blindly hail women empowerment as a fad in almost everything.
ALSO READ –