Rajasthan police constable who had been missing for over four months, was found dead last week. The police have arrested the victim’s sister-in-law Shyama Sharma (19) and her boyfriend Naved Rangrez (26) for the alleged crime.
- 30-year-old Constable Abhishek Sharma was admitted to the Rajasthan Police 11-years ago and was currently posted in the Bundi police line
- Sharma, resident of Bibnawa Road in Bundi city of Rajasthan, mysteriously went missing on August 28, 2019
- When he left home at 7pm on August 28, Abhishek went to his sister and asked her not to cook dinner for him as he would be returning only the next morning
- His mobile then was switched was off at 11 pm which made the family concerned
- After a few days on September 5, 2019, Sharma’s family registered missing persons complaint at Bundi Kotwali police station
- Additional Superintendent of Police Satnam Singh said police investigation revealed that Bundi resident constable Abhishek Sharma was married to Divya of Jarwara village of Sawai Madhopur
- Abhishek befriended Divya’s cousin Shyama Sharma, a resident of Baunli
- Soon the two got into an illicit relationship and Shyama also stayed at Abhishek’s home for nearly 20 days last year
- Divya got to know how Abhishek was being unfaithful to her and moved out of her matrimonial home
- She had returned to her Jarwara village of Sawai Madhopur around 4-5 months ago
Abhishek Found Dead:
- In the early stages, the police could not find a single clue with regards to the disappearance of their constable
- Satnam Singh said that the family members were aware of the constable’s relationship with his sister-in-law Shyama Sharma
- The police interrogated Shyama and her alleged lover Naveed regarding Abhishek’s whereabouts
- Initially the two misled the police, however, later confessed to killing Abhishek and burying his body at the Khandharnuma fort of Baunli
- The police recovered the skeleton that had been buried for about 110 days
- The accused Shyama Sharma and her lover have been produced before the court and taken on remand
- They have informed the police of dumping Abhishek’s motorcycle in a well and his clothes in the pond
- The couple killed Abhishek with an iron pipe before dumping his body
- After Divya moved out of Abhishek’s home, the constable started pressurising Shyama to marry him
- However, since the girl was already involved with another man (Naveed), she did not give into Abhishek’s demands
- Soon the relationship between Abhishek and Shyama turned sour and the she decided to eliminate him along with the help of her boyfriend
ALSO READ –
Join our Facebook Group or follow us on social media by clicking on the icons below
Blogging about Equal Rights for Men or writing about Gender Biased Laws is often looked upon as controversial, as many 'perceive' it Anti-Women. Due to this grey area - where we demand Equality in the true sense for all genders - most brands distance themselves from advertising on a portal like ours.
We, therefore, look forward to your support as donors who understand our work and are willing to partner in this endeavour to spread this cause. Do support our work to counter one sided gender biased narratives in the media.
To make an instant donation, click on the "Donate Now" button above. For information regarding donation via Bank Transfer, click here.